This project followed a datavizualisation workshop in which we demonstrated that, for certain users, the use made of Twitter often mismatched the original intent. Our service helps Twitter users to get the most out of their subscriptions. I used the Twitter API to develop the prototype.
Using data mining and cartography methods, we revealed that students in our school misused Twitter by subscribing to junk content, such as profiles unrelated to design or their own friends, thus drowning relevant content in pollution.
We wanted to help users get the best out of Twitter by restricting the content they receive to the most relevant tweets, without affecting their official account.
We decided to build a functional prototype using the twitter API. The goals were to test the concept and to gather some feedback.
Homepage - Uncover all the interesting content at a glance.
Subscriptions page - Browse and keep only the most relevant subscriptions.
Thanks to the feedback we gathered from the first user testing sessions, we were able to design a second iteration of the platform. We focused on improving the collaboration as well as all the features that made the content relevant.
We improved the features that allowed the user to uncover the most interesting content at a glance. The feeds are topic based, and users can now reorganize the content through three filters: popularity, time and favorite. We also made finding the best people to follow for a specific topic easier.
Homepage - the navigation is topic based
Relevant profile search
For each topic, users can now browse through the influential profiles and keep only the most relevant subscriptions. Interesting people can also be suggested to the community.
Subscriptions page - each feed is built from at least five subscriptions
Thanks for reading